Resumption of classes AT ALERT LEVEL 1: Petone (6 June), Khandallah (1 July).
KRAV MAGA SELf-DEFENCE
"So that one may walk in peace" - Imi Lichtenfeld
SITUATIONAL AWARENESS & PREVENTION
STRIKING & BLOCKING TECHNIQUES
USE OF COMMON OBJECTS
DEALING WITH ARMED OR UNARMED ASSAULT
RELEASES FROM GRABS, HOLDS, & CHOKES
Krav Maga (translation: Contact Combat), is an Israeli self-defence system used by the Israeli Defence Force. It was founded and developed by Imi Lichtenfeld in the 1940's and the system has since been widely adopted in the following sectors: Civilian / Close Protection / Law Enforcement / Military. There are certain Krav Maga principles that resonates well with its trainees and this includes: the use of the body's natural reaction, it's simplicity and direct approach, level of aggression, and its effectiveness in quickly neutralising a physical threat.
KRAV MAGA WELLINGTON
We are a New Zealand owned social enterprise established in 2015 and we are affiliated with the International Krav Maga Federation (IKMF). We teach Krav Maga for the CIVILIAN SECTOR from age 14 and up and we focus on the development of situational awareness, threat prevention, quick neutralisation of an attacker, controlled aggression, and learning how to escape quickly. Important note - We do not teach Krav Maga designed for Close Protection, Law Enforcement, or the Military.
At Krav Maga Wellington, our main objective is to empower people through krav maga and to help create safer communities. Many of our learners enjoy learning Krav Maga because of it is non-competitive nature (not for sport competitions), and its focus on real-world application.
Our core principles:
- A big ego will get you hurt. Avoidance and prevention is always the best option.
- If you are attacked - Escape or aggressively fight back. The objective is to stop the threat by using reasonable force.
- It's not about who wins or who loses. Escape as soon as possible - The main objective is to be safe.
The unpredictable nature of physical violence does not adhere to any rules. An assault can be quick and often very violent. Because of these uncertainties, we also train to protect ourselves against multiple attackers and armed assault. The New Zealand law on self-defence states: “Everyone is justified in using, in the defence of himself or another, such force as, in the circumstances as he believes them to be, it is reasonable to use.” (Section 48 of the Crimes Act 1961.).
ABOUT OUR TRAINING
- Due to the presence of Covid-19 transmission risk, All participants are required to follow our Covid-19 training guidelines.
- All new participants are required to complete the registration form at the bottom of this page.
- Due to the nature of topics that we cover and the strong language that we sometimes use, the minimum age to participate in our training is 14 years old.
- Our school's culture is inclusive, friendly, and family oriented however, we reserve the right to refuse training to anyone that may pose as a liability.
OUR CLASS SCHEDULE
[Please note that we take a break from training all month of June, and also during the Christmas holiday period.]
Register for your 2 OBLIGATION FREE CLASSES below and let us know when you plan to turn up. Trying out our classes is a good way to get to know us and experience krav maga. We train as a mixed group - beginners, intermediates, and advanced. Our classes are also flexible so just turn up when it fits into your schedule. You can attend 10 or 20 classes, or attend all classes offered within a month. Student participation in our rank tests and seminars is voluntary.
SPECIAL OFFER FOR FAMILY MEMBERS
We encourage family members to learn krav maga together and that's why we allow 2 family members to train under one fee. Below is the criteria in order to be eligible:
- A parent and child OR;
- Siblings OR;
CLASS FEES + HOW TO PAY
- $90 per month - attend all classes offered within a calendar month.
- $85 for 10 classes - good for 1 calendar year.
- $160 for 20 classes - good for 1 calendar year.
- Pay by PayPal (Preferred Option - click here to pay for your classes etc.).
- Pay by Bank deposit. Account No. 38-9017-0470157-01 | Account: KRAV MAGA WELLINGTON | Please use your name as reference
WHO DO WE TRAIN?
Wellington Free Ambulance | Hospital Staff | G4S Security | Wellington City Council Advocates Group | Office of the Auditor General | Hospitality Staff | Tawa College Adult and Community Education | The Arts Foundation | Victim Support Wellington | Students | Queen Margaret College | Chilton St. James School | Student Paramedics Australasia - Whitireia
RELATED Online videos AND ARTICLES
- Krav Maga - Avi Moyal
- Stay Away - Krav Maga Women Self Defence
- IKMF Hong Kong Air Rage Seminar
- Queensbury Rule's It Ain't - learning the brutal Israeli self-defence krav maga at a Wellington workshop
- New Zealand Police Advice on Keeping Safe When Out & About.